Thermal fuse is a kind of circuit protection device working to break the circuit when the temperature reaches a predetermined value. Its housing is made from brass plated with sliver, so insulating sheath is required when applying it to your electric device. Thermal fuse is non-resettable and can be used only for one time. It is typically found in many electric appliances, like hair dryer, electric iron, rice cooker, electric stove, transformer, motor, water dispenser, and coffee maker, etc.
1. Rated opening temperature range (Tf): 70-250℃; tolerance: +0°C /-10°C;
2. Closing temperature (Th): Th=Tf-15℃;
3. Rated capacity: AC250V 10A;
4. Electrical strength: applying a power of 1500V AC for 1min between the 2 lead wires and there should be no electric arc or flashover phenomenon;
5. Insulation resistance: ≥ 5MΩ;
6. Tensile strength of lead wire: ≥50N
|Model||Rated opening temperature (Tf ℃)||Closing temperature (Th ℃)||Max environment temperature (Tm ℃)||Certificate||Max capacity|
1. Let the fuse’s temperature rise from the rated opening temperature (20℃) with a rate of no more than 1℃/min, and keep the current going through the thermal fuse within 0.1A, the temperature accuracy of the fuse should reach ±1℃.
2. The thermal switch can’t work in environment with strong acid or alkali for long time.
3. During the installation process, remember to mount the fuse at the part where is the most sensitive to temperature, and protect it from deformation.